Law Enforcement Leadership Academy Supervisor School
Leadership on the Front Line
This 40-hour program is geared toward frontline and newly promoted supervisors.
LELA Supervisor School is designed to equip frontline supervisors with the concepts and practical tools needed to effectively lead and supervise law enforcement personnel. The curriculum blends the KU Public Management Center’s award-winning supervisory leadership training with leading-edge law enforcement training to deliver highly engaging and relevant content that supervisors can put to immediate use in their departments.
- Enhancement of practical supervisory and leadership skills
- Instruction from experienced law enforcement and subject matter experts recognized for excellent classroom instruction, practitioner wisdom, and engaging curriculum
- Provision of new strategies to manage personnel effectively
- Small cohort size, limited to approximately 30 students each session
LELA Supervisor School participants learn to:
- Distinguish between leadership and authority
- Supervise and coach each employee more effectively
- Motivate personnel
- Write more effective annual performance evaluations
- Build effective teams
- Assess strengths of self and others
- Resolve conflict constructively
- Understand supervisory role addressing contemporary issues including:
- Race relations
- Human trafficking
- Crisis intervention
- One week / 40 classroom hours
- Offered twice each year at KLETC (Spring & Fall)
Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center, 11009 S Hornet Rd, Hutchinson, KS»
Exact room location located on the Schedule page. >>
The Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center has dormitory lodging and/or meals (available at a nominal cost) at the KLETC campus facilities near Hutchinson. Please contact the KLETC Continuing Education Registrar at email@example.com. If you have questions or need assistance regarding directions or lodging after normal business hours, please contact the KLETC security office at 620-694-1493 or 620-200-4220.
If you arrive on Sunday prior to the class week, you may check in any time after 6:00 p.m.