Kansas City / County Management Conference 2017
Leading Through Change
|Date:||Thursday and Friday, April 27-28, 2017|
|Time:||Thursday: 8:15 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Stick around for networking at The Nest at the Oread Hotel or head to a friendly basketball game at the Sports Pavilion Lawrence)
Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
|Location:||The Oread Hotel
1200 Oread Ave, Lawrence, KS 66044
Monday, April 3 for early-bird discount listed above. After that date, add $15 per person.
Registration will be accepted through Sunday, April 16, 2017.
|Parking:||View Parking options.|
|Contact:||Alecia Gray at email@example.com or 785-864-6864|
How to Get the Most Out of YOUR Conference
- Bring your business cards so that you don’t have to scramble for a piece of paper as you meet people with whom you’d like to stay connected.
- Before each session starts, introduce yourself to your seat neighbors. We try to make it easy to get past the initial “who are you and what do you do” with nametags; you can explore further from there. Ask about their community, current projects, or past challenges and use the opportunity to build your network.
- Talk to everyone and anyone during breaks! If you’re an experienced attendee, make sure that you’re welcoming and getting to know your newer colleagues in the profession.
- Attend the KACM lunch on Thursday to find out what’s going on in the association.
- Go to the Thursday basketball game, either to play or cheer on the teams.
- Get a group together on Thursday evening (or invite yourself along with a group) and hang out at The Nest at the Oread or at another local establishment.
- Go to the Friday morning breakfast. The somewhat smaller group opens up the chance to get into deeper conversations, faster.
- If you’re on social media, engage with other conference attendees through Facebook and Twitter using #KCCM2017.
- The Oread Hotel, where the conference is, will provide valet parking. Event parking at The Oread is $5/car for guests attending the event (per day, must be paid daily) and $15/car for overnight guests.
- The KU Parking Map (PDF) includes parking meters and lots.
- The Mississippi Street Garage is connected to the Kansas Union, which is within easy walking distance to where the conference is. If you look for the Mississippi Street Garage on the KU Map, it's at about K3 and is an orange block with a listing of MISSPG.
- Visitor parking prices (and other information) is on the KU Parking website. (The Mississippi Garage is $1.75 for the first hour or any portion of an hour and $1.50 per hour for all subsequent hours.) If you need to talk to the Parking Office (785-864-PARK) during their office hours, their hours are listed at the bottom of their website.
- Paying for the Mississippi Garage can be done by credit card as you exit or by cash payment through the machines located on the 4th level of the parking garage in the stairwell/elevator area.
- Please do not attempt to park in any of the apartment complex lots adjacent to The Oread or in any of the lots on campus (other than the parking garage) as these are heavily enforced restricted lots and you will be ticketed and/or towed.
- Doug Bach, Unified Government of Wyandotte County / Kansas City, KS
- Kristina Clark, KU School of Public Affairs & Administration
- Patty Gentrup
- Doug Gerber, City of Topeka, KS
- Alecia Gray, KU School of Public Affairs & Administration
- Meredith Hauck, City of Merriam, KS
- Nick Hernandez, City of Arkansas City, KS
- Laura Howard, KU Public Management Center
- Ray Hummert, KU School of Public Affairs & Administration
- Jennifer Lee, City of Mission Hills, KS
- Gary Meagher, Reno County, KS
- John Nalbandian, KU School of Public Affairs & Administration
- Michael Ort, City of Jetmore, KS
- Randy Partington, Finney County
- Noel Rasor, KU Public Management Center
- Leslee Rivarola, KU Public Management Center
- Tabitha Sharp, City of El Dorado, KS
- Susan Sherman, City of Olathe, KS
- Diane Stoddard, City of Lawrence, KS
- Mike Webb, City of Edwardsville, KS
- Jeff White, Columbia Capital