Inspiring Women in Public Administration Conference 2017
This year we’ll come together to explore perspectives on diversity and look for new ways to see the strengths in our differences. We will work to consciously prepare ourselves to create workplaces that reflect our communities and embrace the variety of experiences we bring, recognizing how this can, in turn, help us enhance our constituents’ quality of life. Together we will learn more about how the things that make us different are also what build strong organizations. We’ll have a day of connection, engagement and fun as we learn new ways to leverage our strengths and build more inclusive organizations and communities.
|Date:||Friday, July 14, 2017|
|Time:||8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Includes lunch and is followed by a reception)|
Full day: $129
*The student rate is for full-time students and for part-time students whose employers are not paying the conference fee for the student.
Sunday, July 2
|Attire:||Casual! We want you to be comfortable for our time together.|
|Lodging:||Click here for a listing of hotels near the Convention Center.|
|Contact:||Noel Rasor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 913-897-8460|
The primary parking garage for the Kansas City Convention Center is the Auditorium Plaza Parking Garage, also known as the Barney Allis Plaza Parking Garage. It is located between 12th and 13th Streets, and between Central and Wyandotte Streets, south of the Marriott Hotel and north of the Municipal Auditorium. Max rate is $12/day. After parking, follow signage for pedestrian tunnel to the Convention Center.
For specific questions about parking rates, please call Towne Park at 816-701-6441.
Accessible parking spots are marked and designated in the garage and available on a first come/first served basis. For more accessibility needs, please see the Convention Center website here.
- Sara Singer, Conference Chair, Vice President, JRO + Co
- Kimiko Black Gilmore, Conference Chair-Elect, Assistant City Manager, City of Kansas City, MO
- Noel Rasor, Conference Manager, Assistant Director, KU Public Management Center
- Kristina Clark, Communications Coordinator, KU School of Public Affairs & Administration
- Ellen Bietz, Executive Officer, School of Nursing Dean’s Office, University of Kansas Medical Center
- Karen Davis, Senior Management Advisor, Management Partners, Inc.
- Susanna Geiger, Student, University of Kansas
- Leslie Herring, Assistant to the City Manager, City of Eudora, KS
- Kim Murphree, M.A., Technical Services Manager/TAC/Media Relations, Lawrence Kansas Police Department
- Angela Paz, Senior Case Manager, Johnson County Department of Corrections
- Jan Perkins, Senior Partner, Management Partners, Inc.
- Emily Randel, Public Information Officer, City of Mission, KS
- Michelle Reames, Coordinator of Graduate Advising, KU Edwards Campus
- Katy Crow, City Clerk, City of Lenexa, KS
- Amy E. Harth, PhD Candidate, Union Institute & University
- Jessica Johnson, Human Resources Manager, KU College & Professional Schools Shared Service Center
- Nickie Lee, Administrative and Financial Services Director, City of Topeka, KS
- Margaret (Maggie) Mahoney, Past-Conference Chair, Assistant Director for Operations, Dole Institute of Politics
- Crystal Malchose, Human Resource Professional, Pottawatomie County, KS
- Jasmin Moore, Sustainability Program Manager, Johnson County, KS
- Stephanie M. Moore, Program Supervisor, Community Development, Unified Government of Wyandotte County/Kansas City, KS
- Leslee Rivarola, Program Manager, KU Law Enforcement Leadership Academy
- Angie Soden, Events Specialist, KU Dole Institute of Politics
- Emily Vincent, Administrative Services Officer, City of Olathe, KS
- Major Sonta Wilburn, Police Major, Overland Park, KS